Virgo’s mission is to improve patient outcomes and clinical workflows in healthcare. Our vision is a world where technology powered by artificial intelligence dramatically improves the quality of and access to healthcare. We are building the data infrastructure, tools, and expertise to make this new world a reality.
Virgo is the leading cloud video capture, management, and AI analysis platform for endoscopy. Since launching in 2018, we have helped physicians from leading medical centers including The Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University, and Mass General Hospital capture over 175,000 endoscopy videos — the largest dataset of its kind.
We recently expanded the Virgo platform to include a suite of AI algorithms that analyze endoscopy videos and automatically identify patients who are likely candidates for clinical trial inclusion, with an initial focus on Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Current IBD trial sites enroll an average of just one patient per year. Virgo is increasing IBD trial enrollment by at least 10x, which will dramatically shorten the time it takes for new treatment options to reach patients.
Virgo is seeking a Head of Pharma Partnerships & BD to rapidly expand our existing relationships with tier 1 pharmaceutical companies and win new business. The successful candidate will:
- Further develop our sales strategy and process for selling to pharma and life sciences
- Convert existing pharma/LS contracts from pilots, captive trials and discrete projects to expanded contracts and MSA level collaboration contracts.
- Develop novel partnership concepts, project opportunities, and revenue streams alongside pharma/LS partners to maximize Virgo’s value to its customer base
- Pull shared-risk revenue forward to upfront payments
- Quickly sign contracts with net new pharma and life sciences companies, expanding the Virgo Network
- Win business for Real-World Data applications
- Evaluate opportunities in clinical areas beyond Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide customer feedback and surface new opportunities
- Build a pharma-focused sales function over time, including administrative, strategic and sales development functions
- Work alongside the founding executive team, reporting to the Chief Customer Officer in pursuit of rapid bottom-line, customer, and headcount growth
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Demonstrated and proven sales results and the ability to consistently meet and exceed targets
- Ideally, experience in partnership and collaboration development with life sciences companies
- Experience selling to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, CRO, or other life sciences companies
- Ability to work independently and as the leader of a team
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in undefined and evolving environments
- 5-8 years of experience in business development or a combination of education and experience
- BS degree in business administration, economics, life sciences, engineering, or a related field
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Software proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM
- Some travel required
If interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com